Hello Windom Neighbors,
We highly encourage you to fill out your census form online at https://my2020census.gov/
HOW IT HAPPENS IN 2020
· The challenge of the 2020 Census is to accomplish this at a lower cost per household (adjusted for inflation) than the 2010 Census. New technology makes it possible to maintain high-quality results at an affordable cost.
· FILING IS ELECTRONIC IN 2020:
o Individuals will for the first time be able to complete and submit their census forms online.
o People who are unable to complete the Census online will again have the option to be counted by mail, over the phone, or in-person by a door-to-door Census taker. Call the toll-free number: 844-330-2020.
For more information • https://census2020-hennepin.hub.arcgis.com/ • Or text your questions to 662020 (We Count MN)
APRIL 1ST CENSUS DAY IS HERE – MAKE IT COUNT!
· APRIL 1ST is Census Day, and the beginning of several months of Census taking activities.
· The U.S. Constitution mandates a census of the population every 10 years.
· Responding to the 2020 Census is easy, safe and important, and is key to shaping the future of communities.
· Census statistics are used to determine the number of seats each state holds in the U.S. House of Representatives and informs legislative district boundaries.
They also inform how hundreds of billions of dollars in public funds are allocated by state, local and federal lawmakers to communities for public services and infrastructure like hospitals